The best way to enjoy a Winnipeg winter is to dress warm, get cozy, enjoy great company, and get some fresh air! This is also known as Hygge (pronounced hoo-gah) – a Danish lifestyle of creating a warm atmosphere and enjoying good things with great people indoors and outdoors!
A Hygge lifestyle is simple to create and easy to practice. Hygge expert Anna will introduce you to Hygge in a quiet corner of the hotel with warm drinks; and guide you through workshops and and outdoor walks throughout the weekend to immerse in nature and connect to your surroundings. You will learn how to bring the feeling of hygge into your home and how it can lead to a simple, content, and cozy lifestyle.
Outside of your Hygge sessions, rest and relax in the luxurious and blissful Ten Spa and dine and enjoy the fresh flavours prepared by our Executive Chef Joseph Wojakowski in our newly restored Oval Room Brasserie.
- Two nights’ accommodation in Standard King room
- Three hours of Guided Hygge sessions throughout the weekend
- 2 x hot drinks
- 1 x journal
- $150 restaurant credit per person
- $200 spa credit credit per person
- Self-parking for one vehicle
$830 taxes included (single occupancy)
$1300 taxes included (double occupancy)
Note: Our minimum group size to hold this retreat is 8 people.
- April 15-17, 2022
After being introduced to the Danish way of living a few years back Anna quickly began integrating and shifting her lifestyle to create the same magic! Designing a home that brings the outdoors in, cozy vibes through candlelight, and less screen time to allow deeper connections are now everyday essentials! She will often share her love of hygge by throwing parties or gatherings that promote togetherness. Activities almost always include creating a meal together such as homemade pasta, games that promote deep conversation, and a personal favourite outdoor walk no matter the weather! Enjoying the simple moments in life often lead to the warmest memories.
To learn more about Anna, visit her on Instagram here: @klassa
- 3pm: check in to hotel
- 6pm – 7pm: Intro to Hygge w/hot drink and meditation. [Learn more]
- Free evening – consider dinner in Oval Room Brasserie (reservations recommended)
- Free morning – consider brunch in Oval Room Brasserie (reservations recommended)
- 1:30pm – 3pm: Practicing the Essence of Hygge: walk in nature and goal setting workshop with hot drink at The Forks.
- Free afternoon and evening – spa time, you time, explore time. You choose! Book Ten Spa experience in advance; consider dinner in Oval Room Brasserie (reservations recommended)
- 8am – 8:30am: Coziness in Nature: Sunrise walk
- 9am – 1pm: Have extra time? Book one more Ten Spa experience before you go!
- 1pm: late check-out
- Wellness Weekends are subject to covid restrictions.
- All participants must show proof of double-vaccination
- Masks must be worn in all public areas.
- Please bring your own water bottle and yoga mat*
- Ten Spa bookings must be arranged at the time of booking**
- Food and spa credits have no cash value and must be redeemed during the wellness retreat weekend.
- Based on availability. Some conditions apply.
- Must be booked seven days prior to arrival date.
- If minimum numbers are not met, confirmed guests have the option to transfer reservation to future date (subject to availability) or receive full refund.
- Because these Hygge sessions take place outdoors, please bring warm clothes for walking from 30mins – 1.5 hours.
- 50% paid at time of booking
- Remaining 50% will be charged 72 hours prior to arrival date.
- Full refund if hotel is advised a minimum of 72 hours prior to arrival date.
- No refund if cancelled within 72 hours of arrival date, but 50% of full price will be held as credit for future use in the hotel.
**You will be contacted within 48 hours after booking your space to review itinerary and finalize Ten Spa bookings and restaurant reservations.
- Have questions? Or interested in booking your spot, email: email@example.com